Upgrading in place with ROOT.war
Before performing an upgrade in place using a ROOT.war file, please verify that the version you are upgrading to does not require a full installation (see the Release Notes for the version to which you are about to upgrade).
Assuming that the version you are upgrading to does not require a full installation, the following steps can be used to upgrade your Cascade Server installation in place:
- Stop Cascade Server.
- Copy any custom plug-ins (Publish Triggers, Custom
Authentication Modules, Asset Factory Plugins, Workflow Triggers)
tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/libdirectory into a temporary location. (**NOTE:** Only perform this step if your organization has created one or more custom JAR files. DO NOT copy the entire contents of the directory. If there are no custom JAR files to be copied, this step should be skipped.)
- Delete the following files/folders:
- Delete all files within the
tomcat/tempdirectory (making sure not to remove the
- Place the new ROOT.war file into the
- Start the Cascade Server process and wait until the login screen can be reached via a browser.
- If there were custom JAR files in your previous
installation, stop Cascade Server once again, then copy
the custom plug-ins (Publish Triggers, Custom Authentication
Modules, Asset Factory Plugins, Workflow Triggers) from the
temporary storage location back into
tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib. Start Cascade Server.
- Log in to verify that the software has been upgraded by visiting Help->About.