Importing a Zip Archive with Web Services

thugsb

13 May, 2013 02:50 PM

Is it possible to use the web services API to import+unzip a zip archive? Is so, are there any examples of such an operation, or can you point me in the right direction please?

I see the AssetOperationService.xml mentions "importZipArchive" under "global-abilities" and "site-abilities", but I don't know what that means. Thanks for the help!

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 13 May, 2013 02:58 PM

Hi,

Currently, the Zip Archive tool functionality is not available through Web Services. I believe you may be able to accomplish something similar by unzipping the archive within your script and creating each Asset individually based on type (ie File or Folder).

This does sound like a good idea, though. I would recommend adding a suggestion to our Idea Exchange for others to vote up and/or comment on. Let me know if you need access to the Idea Exchange and I'll send over an invitation.

I see the AssetOperationService.xml mentions "importZipArchive" under "global-abilities" and "site-abilities", but I don't know what that means.

These are the Global/Site Role abilities defined for the Zip Archive tool. You would use these within Web Services when reading/updating Roles.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

2. thugsb closed this discussion on 13 May, 2013 03:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac