search function is missing results

glkuhlma

25 Mar, 2013 02:28 PM

I am trying to use the web services search function to find all folders that are named "forms" but I have noticed that some of the folders do not show up. Currently I am setting up my searchInformation with the following options:

matchType = match-all
assetName = forms
searchFolders = 1

I have also tried the same search by duplicating my searchInformation in the advanced search interface on the app and the folder is missing there as well.

I am using version 7.0.2

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 25 Mar, 2013 02:43 PM

Hi,

Can you try rebuilding your search indexes to see if that corrects the problem? To do so:

• Click System Menu -> Utilities -> Search Indexing
    • Check the box to Rebuild Index
    • Click Submit

The rebuilding can take anywhere from a few seconds to an hour or so based on the size of your database. A message similar to the following will appear in your log file once it is done:

INFO  [FilesystemDirectoryProvider] Finished creating Lucene directory from location: indexes

Let me know how everything goes.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by glkuhlma on 25 Mar, 2013 03:10 PM

That seems to have worked. Is this something that we need to do periodically?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 25 Mar, 2013 03:42 PM

Glad to hear that did the trick. You shouldn't have to do this often unless you happen to be installing Cascade in different locations from time to time. Occasionally, even without modifying the application server, the search indexes may become out of sync. If you are depending on the search functionality a great bit it may be best to do this every month or so.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

4. 4 Posted by glkuhlma on 25 Mar, 2013 05:44 PM

Is there a way to do this from web services or from the systems side so that I can automate a monthly update?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim on 25 Mar, 2013 09:22 PM

Unfortunately there isn't any way to automate this process. We would like to try to find out how these assets weren't a part of the index in the first place, however. Would you be able to provide us with a screen shot of the Audits tab for the Folder in question?

6. Tim closed this discussion on 01 Jul, 2013 10:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac