Flickr Feed part 2

politev

11 Feb, 2013 06:08 PM

I'm looking at the Flickr Feed on Github. I'm not sure how it works. I understand the Data Definition file. I'm not sure how to marry them up? Is there a video that explains how the files work together?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 11 Feb, 2013 08:04 PM

Hi,

To set things up, what you would do is create a Data Definition using the XML from flickr-feed-dd.xml and create an XSLT Format using the code from flickr-feed.xml. Then, apply the Data Definition to a desired Content Type and the XSLT Format to a Template Region along with a Current Page Index Block (see the FAQs section for instructions on creating one of these Blocks).

Once you apply a Feed Block that references a Flickr RSS Feed and the additional settings to your Page, the Current Page Index Block and XSLT Format will generate a <div> containing thumbnails to your Flickr images.

Note: this only creates the basic HTML structure, so you will need to add some CSS styling to your Page to make things look the way you want them to.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by politev on 11 Feb, 2013 08:13 PM

Hi Ryan,
    Thanks for your response. I am trying to recreate the same effect on this page: http://www.wm.edu/offices/career/students/suitsforscholars/browseourcloset/menssuits/index.php. Can I use this code to get close to it?

Thanks,
    Vince

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 11 Feb, 2013 08:21 PM

Hm, this code would better suited for a thumbnail layout and lightbox setup. I noticed you were trying something similar in your original post. If you are looking for a carousel/slider look, the Github code might not be the best direction.

If you would like help with your original post, I would be happy to close this one out and continue with the other discussion to avoid any confusion between the two.

4. 4 Posted by politev on 11 Feb, 2013 08:22 PM

Yea, let's do that.

5. 5 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 11 Feb, 2013 08:27 PM

Sounds good. Closing this discussion.

6. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 11 Feb, 2013 08:27 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac