Certain links are not working

Michael Barrera

09 Nov, 2012 05:20 PM

I do not understand why certain links are not coming up when I cycle through the pages in "draft mode". Basically here is the HTML in my cascade:

<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><span class="twoColFixRtHdr">
<a href="/studentservices/counseling.html">Counseling Home Page &gt;<br /></a></span></em></p>
<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/counseling_services.html">Counseling Services &gt;</a></em></p>
<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/alcohol_drug_services.html">Alcohol &amp; Drug Services </a></em></p>
<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/armed_services">For Armed Services &gt;</a></em></p>
<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/appointment">Make an Appointment &gt;</a></em></p>
<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/myths.html">Myths about Counseling &gt; </a></em></p>
<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/confidentiality_privacy.html">Confidentiality &amp; Privacy &gt;</a></em></p>
<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/contact_us.html">Contact Us &gt;</a></em></p>

The only two links that are working are Armed Services and How to Make an appointment. These two amongst the lot:

<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/armed_services">For Armed Services &gt;</a></em></p>
<p class="twoColFixRtHdr"><em><a href="/studentservices/appointment">Make an Appointment &gt;</a></em></p>

I have not published the pages yet and the studentservices directory is where all these pages are stored at.

Please advise or steer me to someone who can help.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 09 Nov, 2012 05:47 PM

Hi Michael,

I hope you don't mind I cleaned up your original post so we can see the HTML (this application hides them) and removed your additional posts.

When comparing the two links that are working with the ones that are, I noticed that the links that are not working contain .html. If these are meant to be internal links to pages, you'll want to remove the file extension from the end of the link as only files contain extensions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by Michael Barrera on 09 Nov, 2012 06:02 PM

Thanks for the clean up. Turns out that was the case!

Thanks a lot.

P.S., In the future if I need to add HTML what kind of coding I need to use to display it?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 09 Nov, 2012 07:36 PM

Hi Michael,

Glad we were able to help out.

P.S., In the future if I need to add HTML what kind of coding I need to use to display it?

Any time you need to display HTML (or any code for that matter) simply place that content within 3 @ symbols. For example:

@@@

code goes here

@@@

Have a good one!

4. Tim closed this discussion on 09 Nov, 2012 07:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac