Adding Version Comments

thugsb

13 Jun, 2012 09:07 PM

Is there a way to add Version Comments when editing with the web services? By Version Comments, I mean the textarea in the Advanced Options in the GUI, that show up when you look at an asset's versions. Would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

1. 1 Posted by thugsb on 14 Jun, 2012 09:36 PM

I've added this to the idea base, as I don't think it exists right now. But it would be really helpful, even if the version comment was an automatic "wsdl" or something, similar to how "Bulk change operation run by 'xxx'" gets added. Of course, customization would be nice too! :)

http://ideas.hannonhill.com/forums/52559-cascade-ideas/suggestions/...

2. 2 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 14 Jun, 2012 09:48 PM

Hi thugsb,

Currently, there is no option to add version comments to an edit via Web Services. There is the ability to comment on a workflow; however, that wouldn't be the same thing as that comment is attached to the workflow and not the asset itself like a version comment would be.

Glad to see you added the suggestion to our Idea Exchange, great suggestion!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 20 Jun, 2012 05:29 PM

Hi thugsb,

Just wanted to follow up and say thank you again for adding your suggestion to the Idea Exchange, make sure you check it for updates!

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion. If you have any additional questions, feel free to respond or comment to re-open.

Thanks.

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2012 05:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac