PHP Forms

tmhenson

03 Aug, 2012 01:39 PM

My forms are working great with the exception of the confirmation message will not show up when HTML tags are present in the WYSIWYG content box. I have narrowed it down to this piece of code:

elseif ($_GET['submitted'] == 'true') {  //NO POST, FORM submitted SHOW confirmation
            print(htmlentities("$callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text').text"));
}

The 'confirmation_text' needs to be sent as HTML vs text.
How would I accomplish this?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 03 Aug, 2012 02:07 PM

Hi tmhenson,

Let's try using the $_EscapeTool and see if that helps:

elseif ($_GET['submitted'] == 'true') {  //NO POST, FORM submitted SHOW confirmation
                print("${_EscapeTool.html($callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text').value)}");
    }

Note: using $_EscapeTool.html() should already convert the HTML to entities so I removed the htmlentities() call in your print statement.

2. 2 Posted by tmhenson on 03 Aug, 2012 02:31 PM

The text shows up now but it is stripping the HTML tags from the WYSIWYG now.

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 03 Aug, 2012 02:37 PM

Hm, let's try the $_SerializerTool instead:

print("${_SerializerTool.serialize($callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text'), true)}");
    }

4. 4 Posted by tmhenson on 03 Aug, 2012 03:20 PM

The tags are rendered but it creates an error and the page will not load.
    I tried

print(htmlentities("$callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text').value"));

which sends the WYSIWYG as text not HTML either.

5. 5 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 03 Aug, 2012 03:31 PM

Typically WYSIWYG content is outputted with the SerializerTool, I believe just using value would strip the HTML out.

What was the error message you received with my previous suggestion?

Maybe you could try outputting the HTML to the page and not converting it to a String in PHP (not sure if this will break anything though):

?>${_SerializerTool.serialize($callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text'), true)}<?php
    }

6. 6 Posted by tmhenson on 03 Aug, 2012 03:49 PM

print('${_SerializerTool.serialize($callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text'), true)}');

I change the " to ' and it is pulling the HTML in but my links are not working

This is what is the source code

<?php }
            }
                          print('<p>Thank you!!</p>
    <p>For your submission!!</p>
    <p><a href="site://UNA Public/web/docs/l-number.pdf">testing links</a></p>');
            }

else{ 
        ?>

7. 7 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 03 Aug, 2012 05:52 PM

Hm, would you be able to paste your entire Format so I can have a look?

For the quote escaping, you might be able to use:

print("${_EscapeTool.java($callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text').value)}");
    }

The $_EscapeTool.java() method will escape your double-quotes and leave the single quotes alone.

8. 8 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 03 Aug, 2012 06:06 PM

Can you try the following and see if the links are rewritten:

Replace:

print('${_SerializerTool.serialize($callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text'), true)}');

With:

?>${_SerializerTool.serialize($callingPageData.getChild('system-data-structure').getChild('confirmation_text'), true)}<?php

This will essentially do the same thing as the print('WYSIWYG CONTENT);

9. 9 Posted by tmhenson on 03 Aug, 2012 06:41 PM

That works thanks for the help.

10. tmhenson closed this discussion on 03 Aug, 2012 06:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac