Detect Output Type

Eric

06 Apr, 2016 03:27 PM

Within a velocity format, is it possible to detect the output type/name that is being rendered. So far I've been unable to find the location that this bit of information would be located at. The specific use case is we are attempting to render our first output type of pdf that is also currently being rendered via html, however with the pdf we would like to make a few slight changes and were hoping to detect and change with the signal format rather then creating a separate one specific to the pdf output type.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 06 Apr, 2016 05:14 PM

Hi Eric,

Currently, there is no way to detect output or region information from within a Format. We do have a related suggestion on our Idea Exchange that I recommend voting up if you have not already. Additionally, feel free to include output information in a comment if you would like request that functionality be considered for a future release.

In the meantime, you can work around this by adding an XSLT Format at the Output level that targets and changes the content you wish to modify. For example, you could locate a specific <div> by a class name or ID and change it's markup. If you can provide an example of what you would like to do I'd be happy to help write a Format to get you started.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. Tim closed this discussion on 27 Apr, 2016 08:32 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cascade CMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

26 Aug, 2016 01:19 PM
25 Aug, 2016 03:02 PM
25 Aug, 2016 12:50 PM
24 Aug, 2016 08:43 PM