See if asset has dependency

birwin

08 Feb, 2016 05:14 PM

Hey there,
I'm trying to write a report which lists if an asset (system-file in this case) has any dependencies to see if it can be safely deleted. - kind of the way 'relationships' works, but in one long list. I can see in the index block if the asset is published, various permissions, etc, but I dont see anything for dependency.

Am I able to retrieve this information using Velocity, or the Query tool?

Many thanks!

Brendon

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 08 Feb, 2016 08:39 PM

Hi Brendon,

Outside of the relationships tab within the UI, the only other way to obtain this information is via Web Services using the listSubsribers operation.

If you need this sort of information within Cascade, what you could do is create a script outside of Cascade and either point to that script using a Feed Block or dynamically generate an AJAX request using Velocity so you can pull the information into a page rendering. The later would be more flexible since you would be able to pass in dynamic information.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by birwin on 08 Feb, 2016 09:20 PM

Thanks Ryan, I was hoping to be able to side-step using webservices, but it is good to know I can use that to do so.

Cheers,

Brendon

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 09 Feb, 2016 01:04 PM

Not a problem at all, Brendon.

I can see a use case for adding something like this to the Cascade API so you can access this information in a Velocity Format. I had thought there was a related suggestion on our Idea Exchange for something like this, but I was not able to locate it. I highly recommend posting the suggestion if you would like for this feature to be considered for a future release.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 09 Feb, 2016 01:04 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cascade CMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

26 Aug, 2016 01:19 PM
25 Aug, 2016 03:02 PM
25 Aug, 2016 12:50 PM
24 Aug, 2016 08:43 PM