Course descriptions organized in folders

fuelishways

20 Apr, 2015 07:50 PM

I'm hoping you can help me with the logic to create a script for this situation. The screenshot attached shows how I have the folders structured in cascade server. I would like to be able to loop through the folders and display the pages (which are courses) included in that folder as list items. So in the screenshot example I attached, I'd like it to display as:

School of humanities and social sciences
     Department of sociology, history and political science
          Anthropology
               • A103
               • A104
               • etc
          History
               • courses under history
          Political science
               • courses under history
  1. 1 Posted by Penny on 27 Apr, 2015 03:03 PM

Hi,

I am not sure how familiar you are with Cascade Server technical terminology. So below is an overview. I'll be happy to point you to more resources but please let me know if this is more high level than necessary. How familiar are you with Cascade Server? Are you a technical admin of Cascade Server?

You will need to make an index block of the IUK folder to get the XML. http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/Index-Block/ On the settings you will need the Depth of Index set to 4. You will want to just get the Regular Content and User Metadata. Do not get the Page XML. This option would seriously slow the load of your pages. You would then need to create a format to choose the specific XML pieces and to wrap them with the appropriate HTML. http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/Format/

You can use either (XSLT or Velocity), depending on whether you know either.

If you don't know either, I would recommend starting with Velocity because it is closer to javascript (if you have a foundation in that).

I hope this helps!

2. Tim closed this discussion on 18 May, 2015 02:58 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cascade CMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

26 Aug, 2016 01:19 PM
25 Aug, 2016 03:02 PM
25 Aug, 2016 12:50 PM
24 Aug, 2016 08:43 PM