Upgrading from 6.10.9 to 7.0.3

aoray

13 Sep, 2012 03:01 PM

We are looking to upgrade our Cascade Server. I spoke with our systems unit and they requested white papers for the upgrade. I looked on hannonhill/kb and on here and I have not seen anything discussing the hardware and software requirements for the upgrade of moving from 6.x series to 7.x series. I did see on hannonhill/kb installation guides and release news but that is it. If anyone knows this information please response. Thanks.

Also, we are looking to enable PHP on the web server. From researching I read it supports PHP scripting if PHP is enabled on the web server. What are the Cascade Server requirements PHP and its support of PHP scripting, Keep in mind we have 6.10.9 now and we are moving to 7.0.3. If anyone knows this information please response Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 13 Sep, 2012 03:13 PM

Hi,

The latest minimum as well as recommended requirements can be found here.

Also, we are looking to enable PHP on the web server. From researching I read it supports PHP scripting if PHP is enabled on the web server. What are the Cascade Server requirements PHP and its support of PHP scripting, Keep in mind we have 6.10.9 now and we are moving to 7.0.3. If anyone knows this information please response Thanks.

PHP is independent of Cascade Server so you won't really need to change anything with your Cascade installation. If PHP is enabled on your web server, it means that you'll be able to manage PHP content inside of Cascade (either as File or Page assets) and publish those assets to your web server (and have them work as expected). If you are looking to include snippets of PHP inside of Pages managed in Cascade, you'll need to use Code Sections to do so.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by aoray on 13 Sep, 2012 03:56 PM

thanks.

- Antonio

NOTICE: This e-mail correspondence is subject to Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

3. Tim closed this discussion on 13 Sep, 2012 03:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac