Trouble upgrading from 6.10.5 to 7.0.2

awood2

06 Jul, 2012 02:21 PM

Hi,

I am having trouble upgrading Cascade. I have followed the directions on your site and have tried the upgrade process a few times. I am trying to upgrade via the ROOT.war upgrade path.

I notice in the cascade.log file there is an exception stating "Cannot resolve reference to bean 'serviceProvider' while setting bean property 'serviceProvider'". There are a few more exceptions similar to this; one referencing the daoProvider, another referencing userDAO, and another referencing newMenuCache. Towards the end of the log file there are TONS of errors that say "ERROR [MemoryQueueSearchJobScheduler] An error occured while consuming from the lucene event queue: java.lang.NullPointerException. In the catalina.out file, there are lots of null pointer exceptions thrown that complain about errors occuring when converting dates.

I am running MySQL 5.0.96 on a 32-bit install of Fedora 15 (Lovelock). I am able to get Cascade 7 up and running fine when creating a new database from scratch and using your "cascade.sql" download to set up the appropriate tables. I only seem to run into an issue when working with a copy of our production database.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 06 Jul, 2012 05:18 PM

Hi,

The recommended upgrade to 7.0.x is to perform the full installation. This may explain why using the example database works and your existing database does not.

Per the instructions I linked to above, please remember to apply any customizations prior to running the installation (e.g. context.xml and web.xml).

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

2. 2 Posted by awood2 on 06 Jul, 2012 06:57 PM

Thanks. I gave that a try but it didn't seem to work. I got the same exceptions in the same log files as before.

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 06 Jul, 2012 07:44 PM

Would you be able to attach your latest cascade.log and catalina.out files so we can look into these errors a bit more?

Thanks.

4. 4 Posted by awood2 on 06 Jul, 2012 07:46 PM

Absolutely, I've attached them to this post.

Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 06 Jul, 2012 07:58 PM

I believe there may be an issue with the collation of the database based on the following error in your log:

Caused By: Can't create table './cascade2/#sql-4c7_1a.frm' (errno: 150)

Please follow this article for steps on correcting the collation of your database.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

6. 6 Posted by awood2 on 09 Jul, 2012 03:07 PM

That was it! Everything seems to be working now.
    Thanks very much!

7. 7 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 09 Jul, 2012 03:09 PM

Great, I'm glad to hear that did the trick!

Feel free to reply or comment to re-open this discussion if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

8. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 09 Jul, 2012 03:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac