Log Error NIOFSDirectory@/opt/cascade-7.10.2/tomcat/indexes

Cristian Horta

14 Jul, 2014 04:49 PM

Hello Hannon Hill,

We're seeing this error in our Cascade logs. It's being generated every second. We ran this by our Sysadmin, but we're still unsure what it means. Could you please help us?

"2014-07-13 14:17:30,110 ERROR [SearchServiceImpl] Could not get index reader: java.io.FileNotFoundException: no segments* file found in org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory@/opt/cascade-7.10.2/tomcat/indexes: files:"

FYI: I did run the "Rebuild Indexes" tool after the upgrade.

Thanks,
Cristian Horta
UC San Diego

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 14 Jul, 2014 04:53 PM

Hi Cristian,

Approximately how long ago did you rebuild your indexes? I generally see that message go away after the rebuild is finished. Can you confirm that the rebuild completed?

Also, can you confirm that the O/S account starting Cascade Server has access to write to that indexes directory?

2. 2 Posted by Cristian Horta on 14 Jul, 2014 05:31 PM

Hi Tim,

I ran the tool on July 10. I received the confirmation in the messages:

"The system finished rebuilding the search indexes in 68 minutes at Jul 10, 2014 10:35 PM."

I just spoke with our Sysadmin and he says that CS has write access to the directory. However, we're running two servers. He did noticed that there was activity in one the indexes directory, but not on the other (server 2) he confirm that the error is coming from server 2, by comparing logs. Is there a way we can rebuild the index outside Cascade, directly trough the server/command line?

Thanks,
    Cristian

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 14 Jul, 2014 05:41 PM

Ah, I see. In a load balanced environment you'll need to make sure that both instances have their indexes rebuilt. Unfortunately there is no way to do this via the command line, so you'll need to access server 2 directly to perform the rebuild in the interface.

I hope this helps! Let me know how everything goes.

4. 4 Posted by Cristian Horta on 14 Jul, 2014 05:51 PM

Got it, this is very helpful, thanks Tim!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim on 14 Jul, 2014 06:10 PM

You bet! I'll wait to hear from you to make sure that you got things working.

6. 6 Posted by Cristian Horta on 17 Jul, 2014 03:03 PM

Hi Tim, the error went away after running the tool on server 2. Thanks a lot for your help!

Cristian

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tim on 17 Jul, 2014 03:14 PM

Awesome. That's what I like to hear! Thanks for the update, Christian. Have a good one!

8. Tim closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2014 03:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac