Help needed: Problem starting Cascade Server 7.6 on fresh RHEL 6 x86_64

tbui

17 Jan, 2014 09:40 PM

I followed the manual installation instruction for Cascade Server for Linux (http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/Installation/Install-Cascade/) and ran into some errors. The version of Cascade Server is 7.6, and the Linux environment is a fresh RHEL 6 x86_64 with a local MySQL database.

In catalina.out, I see a lot of beans not being created properly because of "Table CascadeServerClass.cxml_dbupdate doesn't exist."
e.g.
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'emailQueue' defined in...
1 preconditions generated an error
classpath:com/hannonhill/cascade/model/database/updater/updates/master.xml : Table 'CascadeServerClass.cxml_dbupdate' doesn't exist

The (initially) blank MySQL database has the following tables after the failed startup:
mysql> show tables;
+------------------------------+ | Tables_in_CascadeServerClass | +------------------------------+ | DATABASECHANGELOG | | DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK | +------------------------------+ 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The complete log file is attached. Please advise on how I can correct this.

Thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 17 Jan, 2014 10:17 PM

Hey there,

Since the application doesn't populate a database it is necessary to first import our default database schema. Try dropping your current database and then check out the MySQL documentation here and follow those steps. This should allow for you to start Cascade Server successfully.

If you still have trouble after performing those steps, please be sure to attach your cascade.log file here. It will be located under tomcat/logs.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by tbui on 17 Jan, 2014 10:45 PM

Server started up! Thanks so much, Tim.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 17 Jan, 2014 10:57 PM

Perfect! Glad I was able to help. Have a great weekend!

4. Tim closed this discussion on 17 Jan, 2014 10:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac