Move DB to new server

mooreb

26 Jun, 2013 05:08 PM

Good Afternoon,

We are in the process of moving the cascade db and application to new servers. What would be some good practices to ensure it is done correctly with the least amount of surprises/errors? Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 26 Jun, 2013 05:24 PM

Hi,

First and foremost, be sure to create a backup of your database and keep it handy. Aside from that, I would recommend moving one thing at a time rather than both the application and database at once. This way, for example, if you moved the application first, you could verify that it starts up properly against your existing database. After doing so, you could then move the database to your new db server. If Cascade doesn't start properly at that point (after configuring it to point to the new database), you will already have things narrowed down to the database side of things (firewall? database user/pass? etc).

Once you move both this article on modifying Cascade Server's database configuration will come in handy.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions regarding your migration and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks!

2. Tim closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2013 03:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac