Calendar

judy

18 Jun, 2013 01:09 PM

We've downloaded the customizable calendars from github but when I try to follow along with the webinar based on our download I'm not seeing the Category Listing metadata set. Is it supposed to be included in the download?

We are running 7.0 not 7.2 so that may be part of the problem.

1. 1 Posted by judy on 18 Jun, 2013 01:15 PM

I might have figured out a bit more here. We are running 7.0 not 7.2. The metadata set for Category Listing is in a 7.2 format (i.e. it has the option of Multiselect that I don't have in 7.0).

Is that the reason I don't have it?

Will the drop down choice work instead?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tim on 18 Jun, 2013 02:27 PM

Hi Judy,

Yes, I do believe the reason you are not seeing these is due to the fact that you aren't running 7.2 yet. I just tried importing the sample Calendar site into a local 7.2 instance and it looks like the Category Listing Metadata Set is there as expected (and has the proper Dynamic Metadata fields).

The Calendar Site is just a sample, so you are free to make any tweaks needed. I'm assuming you could use a drop down menu, but this would limit you to tagging events with a single category whereas the multiselect allows for tagging any particular event with multiple categories. Changing the Dynamic Metadata field type would also require that you modify your Formats accordingly.

Hope this helps!

3. 3 Posted by judy on 20 Jun, 2013 08:10 PM

Thanks!

4. Tim closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2013 08:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac