Publishing queue is frozen

Travis F.

20 Apr, 2011 05:15 PM

v6.7.6
I came in this morning to find that cascade published one of the sites at the scheduled time overnight but the second had been sitting at the top spot since 5am. It did not have a progress % and the "started" column was blank as well.

I deleted all the jobs from the publishing queue and restarted the web server cascade is on as well as running the database optimization to see if that would help, but still nothing.

I'm not sure if it is related but upon selecting the "scheduled jobs" in the publisher I get the error pictured.

1. 1 Posted by Joel on 20 Apr, 2011 05:17 PM

Hi,

It looks like you're running out of memory that is currently allocated to Cascade. To modify the heap size allocation, please follow the instructions here. Please let me know if this corrects your publishing issue.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Travis F. on 20 Apr, 2011 05:55 PM

I found the Cascade root directory, how do I stop the server?
    Turns out I had restarted the wrong web server on the machine and not the tomcat one cascade runs off. I don't understand what it is looking for me to pass it.

/usr/local/Cascade Server/tomcat/bin % sh catalina.sh stop
    Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined
    At least one of these environment variable is needed to run this program

3. 3 Posted by Joel on 20 Apr, 2011 07:47 PM

Navigate to the "/usr/local/Cascade Server" directory and execute the following command:

bash# ./cascade.sh start &

This will start the application in the background, as well as displaying all output from the log file within the terminal window (but without interrupting your session). Before you execute this command, please be sure that Cascade Server is completely stopped.

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by Travis F. on 20 Apr, 2011 08:43 PM

I increased the heap memory and after restart its publishing again.
    Thanks for the help!

5. Travis F. closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2011 08:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac