Upgrade from 6.10.9 to 7.2.2

rreynolds

05 Apr, 2013 09:27 PM

I just wanted to make sure. I would assume though looking though the documentation the best way to accomplish this is to do a full install of 7.0.7 due to 7 family needing a full install from 6 to 7. Then I can do a war update from 7.0.7 to 7.2.2.

Am I correct with this? I'd much rather use the war update method where possible as well I don't want to miss any critical milestone.

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 08 Apr, 2013 12:02 PM

Hi,

Going from 6.10.9 to 7.0.7 using the full installer and using the WAR upgrade to go from 7.0.7 to 7.2.2 should work just fine. You could also use the full installer to go from 6.10.9 to 7.2.2 because the installer includes all updates from 7.0 to 7.2.2.

If you are looking to test each individual series release, you could go with the first route; however, the second would save you from performing multiple updates.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by rreynolds on 09 Apr, 2013 04:57 PM

Thanks Ryan. That will help me forward.

Is it also possible to use the manual install instead of the full install for a direct 6.10.9 to 7.2.2?

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 09 Apr, 2013 07:57 PM

Yes, you can use the Zip installation as well as this is basically the same as the full installer only without the GUI. Here is some information about upgrading using the Zip method.

Note: some configuration files, such as server.xml and context.xml, may change between releases. Be sure to check out the release notes for each release and do not copy and paste from the old version to the new one, just match up the settings such as your database information and port information.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 19 Apr, 2013 08:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac