LDAP - Query Limit Workarounds

Justin "JET" Turner

11 Mar, 2013 01:39 PM

Hello,

Our LDAP configuration appeared to be working fine, until the team tried to give permissions to a new person and they didn't show up. I have run into the LDAP Query Limit in some of my other programming, and have programmed ways around it.

I am pretty sure the default limit is at 1000, and we have close to 2000 employees in our FacStaff container.
We have several sub-containers (for each department), but I'd rather avoid putting all of those in if possible (nearly 100).

In 7.2, I tested adding additional Container Identifiers to the current policy, and it appears to run a separate query for each one, as it did get the missing employees, but again, I'd rather not have 100 containers listed there if possible.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 11 Mar, 2013 03:36 PM

Hi,

If you need all of the users in your FacStaff container (and can't filter on a particular attribute that designates them as a Cascade user), I can't really think of a great way to do this aside from what you've already mentioned.

The query limit is a setting on the LDAP server. Do you think your LDAP server admin might be able to modify this setting to allow for more records to be returned? For example - if you're using Active Directory, I believe the related setting is MaxPageSize.

I'll see if I can think of anything else in the meantime.

2. 2 Posted by Justin "JE... on 12 Mar, 2013 03:02 PM

One of my server admins wants to know if result paging could be enabled in cascade, thus being able to get all the results, just over separate pages.
    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2696

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 12 Mar, 2013 03:19 PM

Unfortunately this functionality is not available in Cascade at this point in time. It seems like a valid request, however, so I sent you an invite to our Idea Exchange where I would encourage you to log this as a new idea.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Thanks

4. 4 Posted by Justin "JE... on 12 Mar, 2013 05:07 PM

Idea for others interested in this functionality:
    http://ideas.hannonhill.com/forums/52559-cascade-ideas/suggestions/...

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim on 12 Mar, 2013 05:31 PM

Thanks for posting that! I went ahead and added my votes.

Take care.

6. Tim closed this discussion on 12 Mar, 2013 05:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac