catalina.out log rotation and java version question

racooper

07 Feb, 2013 05:03 PM

First, I've been trying to figure out a way to rotate catalina.out and purge cascade.log and other files that are older than 30 days. Catalina.out grows dramatically and it appears that anything written to it is also written to a catalina..log file as well, so how do I purge catalina.out at least weekly, if not daily? The older logfiles need to be removed periodically as well.

Second, what is the status of Cascade support for JRE 7? JRE 1.6 is End of Life this month and we are pushing to get all our applications updated to Java 1.7.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 11 Mar, 2013 01:44 PM

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response on this discussion.

First, I've been trying to figure out a way to rotate catalina.out and purge cascade.log and other files that are older than 30 days. Catalina.out grows dramatically and it appears that anything written to it is also written to a catalina..log file as well, so how do I purge catalina.out at least weekly, if not daily? The older logfiles need to be removed periodically as well.

What O/S are you running? If you are on Linux/*nix, the solution generally involves a separate script (similar to the one seen here).

Second, what is the status of Cascade support for JRE 7? JRE 1.6 is End of Life this month and we are pushing to get all our applications updated to Java 1.7.

We're currently testing Java 1.7 and should have support for it very soon. Please keep an eye on the release notes for any releases in the near future to see when it will be supported.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

2. Tim closed this discussion on 08 May, 2013 03:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac