How do I control the order of the left nav in the Inline Metadata?

Julie

08 Apr, 2011 02:07 AM

How do I control the order of the left nav in the Inline Metadata?

1. 1 Posted by Charlie Holder on 08 Apr, 2011 12:11 PM

Without information about how your left nav is built, I can only offer a few suggestions.

I'll assume it is dynamic and that it is built with an index block and format. If this is true, your index block has options for sorting: folder order, creation date, and last modified date. Folder order would be my guess for what is being used. From there it can be sorted ascending or descending.

Every asset in the asset tree is listed in a certain order. To view this order, click on the parent folder of a particular asset and note the column called "Order" with a number assigned to each asset. Click on the heading for "Order" and it will show them in asc or desc order. From there you can drag and drop each asset into your desired order.

Sorting can also be done in a format. There is a Velocity Tool called the $_SortTool that is sometimes used. This would sort assets after being returned by an index block and reorder whatever order was originally defined, so check the format as well.

If the left nav is not dynamic, you should be able to edit the XHTML or XML or whatever block that info is contained in by hand to change the order.

Hope this helps.

2. Tim closed this discussion on 21 Jun, 2011 03:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac