Prevent Renaming of Specific Asset

jklingman

29 Mar, 2011 05:56 PM

Is there any way to prevent a user from renaming a specific asset, while keeping permission to rename other assets? I know I can go into their role and remove the ability to rename, but I want them to be able to rename everything except a specific asset. I also thought about a workflow, but they're not going to want a workflow applied to all of the other assets in this folder. Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Lee Roberson (F... on 29 Mar, 2011 11:31 PM

Lee Roberson (Function Digital LLC)'s Avatar

If it's a page asset, the only thing that comes to mind is to build that page with other assets (like XHTML blocks) they have write access to and remove write access to that page asset.

2. 2 Posted by Klingman, Justi... on 30 Mar, 2011 02:43 AM

Thanks Lee, but I should have mentioned that they can create new ones of these. They're web.config files that I have controlled by a Data Definition, being used to secure file assets in multiple directories. So when they create them with an Asset Factory, they would have access to edit it. I do have a Title-to-System-Name plugin on the Asset Factory so that it is initially named "web" (and the config tacks on the ".config"), but I just want to make sure that, short training them NOT to, they don’t rename it. But thanks for the idea...I'll just tell them, "If you rename it, you break it." :)

3. jklingman closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2011 04:55 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac