publish trigger xml configuration

caseyw

03 Mar, 2011 03:44 PM

Hello,

We are in the process of creating a custom publish trigger for Cascade and had a question.

One of our developers has been able to create the trigger plug-in, but we are unsure what needs to be in the XML configuration file that is uploaded via the admin interface in Cascade. We have referred to the documentation on http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/Publish-Triggers/ regarding the XML configuration file but are still unsure of what key/value pairs need to be included in that file in order for the trigger to work.

Could you please provide further clarification or an example of a configuration file?

Please let me know if you need additional information or have any questions.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

~Casey

1. 1 Posted by caseyw on 03 Mar, 2011 06:51 PM

Hi,

To elaborate further, the information we need to be able to pass in the XML configuration file is the published site's name, logged in user who generated the publish request, and the published file names and paths.

Is it possible to pass this dynamic information from the config file to the custom publish trigger? If so, how? Are there any examples of this?

Hopefully this helps clarify our situation. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again!
    Casey

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tim on 09 Mar, 2011 08:32 PM

Hi Casey,

It is not possible to get the Site name or the name of the user publishing.

It will be complicated to figure out he published file names and paths. In order to get this information, you would need to perform a Read on the asset being published (you can get the ID and type of the entity from the PublishTriggerInformation provided to the publish trigger) using the regular Cascade API. You could then read the page configuration being published (Page Configuration ID is also contained in the trigger info) to figure out the file extension which would have been appended to the page.

The Destination and Transport information also come from the trigger info object, so those could be read as well.

The Site of the asset being published can be determined by getting the Site ID of the asset after reading the asset using the API.

You may be interested in taking a look at the DocX Publish Trigger available here. I believe it does something similar in terms of reading an asset from the server after it has been published.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks!

3. Tim closed this discussion on 02 Jun, 2011 08:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac