Asset Factory Plugin Question

Caleb Tonn

28 Feb, 2011 08:20 PM

Is it possible for an asset factory plugin to assign blocks to regions on creation of an asset?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 28 Feb, 2011 08:58 PM

Hi Caleb,

It is not possible to edit regions on a Page using Asset Factory Plugins. I believe you will be able to edit things like Metadata and content once 6.8 is available.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Caleb Tonn on 28 Feb, 2011 09:08 PM

You guys are killin me :-) If you can find out if this is a 6.8 feature I really need to know that.

Thanks.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 28 Feb, 2011 09:28 PM

I can confirm that assigning Blocks/Formats to regions via Asset Factory Plugins will not be possible. :( If you want to provide more information as to what you are attempting to do, we might be able to think of some other ways to accomplish it.

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by Caleb Tonn on 28 Feb, 2011 09:37 PM

Ok, so here is the deal

We are building a series of sites like 90+ for all our departments. We need to create asset factories for each of those sites. The xslt for the regions of those sites is in _common but the xml is coming from a site index block that is local to each site. So the idea was instead of creating a base asset in each site wiring it up and then building the asset factory on that building the asset factory in common to cut down on the ammount of assets in the DB and it would be easier to keep everything in sync. Since the index blocks are all named the same and we are the only team who deals with them the end user wouldn't see it and on creation of an asset it would wire it up on the per site level.

Make sense?

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim on 06 Apr, 2011 06:37 PM

Hi Caleb,

I apologize for the delayed response on this post. You may have already moved forward with a strategy for this, but I did want to let you know that the only way I can see this happening is by wiring each Asset Factory separately for each Site (to deal with the assignment of the differing Index Block).

6. Tim closed this discussion on 06 Apr, 2011 06:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac