News Archive - 2010 shows at bottom

arussell

28 Jan, 2011 08:34 PM

I have two pages that are archive folders and when I made a new 2011 folders for those pages, the 2010 news artcles/press releases went to the archive folder like they are supposed to. However, they appear at the bottom when the should be on the top of the lists. What could be causing them to Not show at the top if we have them set up to automatically go to the archives? The pages are below.

http://www.uatp.com/news-and-events/press-releases/archive.html
http://www.uatp.com/news-and-events/news-articles/archive.html

Thank you!

1. 1 Posted by Charlie Holder on 28 Jan, 2011 08:45 PM

If your index block is using folder order, the most recent folder created would appear at the bottom unless you reorder it.

You can solve this issue in three different ways:
    1. Click on your "press-releases" or "news-articles" folder. On the right you will see a list of all your yearly folders. Click on the table heading for "order" to show the files/folders in ascending or descending folder order. Now when you hover over each item, your mouse cursor should change icons and you should be able to drag and drop the order.
    2. Similar to option 1, but instead of dragging and dropping, there are arrows in the "actions" column that move the folders. More time consuming, but same result.
    3. Do you have an asset factory for creating a new yearly folder inside your "press-releases" or "news-articles" folders? If so, you can read about the "Folder Placement Position" option in this article in our Knowledge Base.

Let me know if this helps!

2. 2 Posted by arussell on 28 Jan, 2011 08:54 PM

Ah, forgot about the reordering of the folders. Thank you for your quick response and helping me solve this!

3. 3 Posted by Charlie Holder on 28 Jan, 2011 08:56 PM

If you're using an Asset Factory to create those yearly folders, I would highly recommend you check into option 3 as it will do the folder placement for you and eliminate the need for you to reorder them manually.

4. Charlie Holder closed this discussion on 28 Jan, 2011 08:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac