Migrating a single folder to a new site

karen.wilson

20 Jan, 2011 06:19 PM

I am trying to go through the Site Migration Wizard and just migrate a single folder to a new site. That particular folder has a different target which is only used for the template that's used within this folder. When I get to the Test Migration step, it's showing that the entire Global site will be migrated. How do I get just a single folder to migrate? Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by karen.wilson on 20 Jan, 2011 10:57 PM

I might mention that we are using version 6.4 5. Does this make a difference? I've searched and searched the User Guide and have had no luck. Any suggestions?

2. 2 Posted by Penny on 21 Jan, 2011 07:00 PM

Hey Karen,

I think your issue may be regarding the Base Folder set on your Target. From this KB page:
    Base Target - The Base Folder of this target and all of the assets beneath the Base Folder are moved into the new Site. The Target chosen in this field and all of its descendant Targets will be removed from the system during the final step of the migration process. The Destinations that belong to the Targets are handled in the next step.

I would check what Base Folder is select on your Target. I hope this helps!

3. 3 Posted by karen.wilson on 21 Jan, 2011 10:21 PM

Thanks. I changed that and now am working on moving assets, etc. in order to resolve the errors and warnings that came up.

4. Tim closed this discussion on 06 Apr, 2011 06:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac