Column/Format Problems

Holly

09 Dec, 2010 06:34 PM

Hi!

Our site currently has three columns. I am new to this program and was asked to fix an error involving the textual display on our main page. It appears as if there is a three-column format and the third column has been bumped down BELOW the second column and the text display is inaccurate. How do I modify columns?

1. 1 Posted by Charlie Holder on 15 Dec, 2010 09:40 PM

It sounds like you're having a layout issue. Your Templates control the structure and markup of your site, so I would start there when trying to nail down exactly what is causing your column to wrap underneath the others.

Typically I would suggest checking your CSS to find out

1. whether or not your columns are floated (the directions matter when you have multiple elements);
    2. if their width properties add up correctly (if a parent element is only 200px wide, but you define all three columns to be 100px wide--bad news); and/or
    3. whether or not any elements inside the column could cause the column to expand more than desired (if an element is wider than the column, it could cause problems)

Layout issues can stem from a number of different areas, so many times it may take time to pinpoint the exact cause.

2. Ross closed this discussion on 04 Mar, 2011 09:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac