Pagination

Tracy Barker

08 Nov, 2010 06:53 PM

We're importing a large number of articles (over 20 years worth) from an existing Joomla website. We need to be able to display the article list paginated with previous and next buttons. Is this an existing feature of the system or will I have to write something custom to do it? If I have to go custom, do you have any resources on customizing Cascade to add this sort of functionality?

1. 1 Posted by Penny on 08 Nov, 2010 08:42 PM

Paginating is not native to Cascade. I have seen this implemented in the past using jquery and CSS or php. The way I saw it implemented using jquery, the user just put all of their news articles into an unordered list html element and made each article a list item. The jquery then went through and displayed groupings of 10 list items for each pagination section. The jquery/css solution will work within Cascade. The php solution (being server side, only works on publish).

There are a fair amount of jquery tutorials on the internet if you search for pagination and jquery. If you get this working outside of Cascade, all you will need to do is attach the scripts and use an index block and xslt/velocity format to output the content in the way the jquery is needing.

I hope this helps.

2. Ross closed this discussion on 02 Mar, 2011 09:19 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac