Form Builder Setup

voltmer1

13 Jul, 2016 12:30 PM

I am a new web developer, and was looking at setting up the Form Builder for Cascade. I have a question about the auth.php file.
Is it really just as simple as setting up the example php array as:

<?php
$auth = array(
"username" => "whateveryourusernameis"
"pasword" => "whateveryourpasswordis"
);
?>
Then asking our IT department to add the file somewhere on the webserver?
Then adding the location path to the form-config-data-definition.xml file
Then adding the url of the website to the form-config-data-definition.xml file
I don't know what they are needing for the identifier "Content Type Path" though.
And how would I test the form before I push it to the webserver?

Any help would be great!

Is there anything else I need to know?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Jul, 2016 07:05 PM

Hi,

The script that processes form submissions (located within the form-display Velocity Format) does expect the auth.php file to be in that specific associative array format and at the path you define within the form-config block you create. This file can be anywhere on the file system as long as it is readable by Apache/PHP (pretty standard process for security).

The remaining content for the form-config block are used by the processing script (i.e. form-display) to connect to and create/edit assets within your Cascade instance using Web Services. The Content Type Path would be used for recording submissions to an existing page within Cascade (i.e. the save-to-cms option on the form) and the save-to-excel and resultsFile options would be used to record submissions to a CSV file that exists within Cascade. If you are not planning to use the CSV or results page options, you don't have to worry about the form-config, save-to-[excel|cms] options on the form, or even using the auth.php.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cascade CMS please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

26 Aug, 2016 01:19 PM
25 Aug, 2016 03:02 PM
25 Aug, 2016 12:50 PM
24 Aug, 2016 08:43 PM