Form Builder Setup

voltmer1

13 Jul, 2016 12:30 PM

I am a new web developer, and was looking at setting up the Form Builder for Cascade. I have a question about the auth.php file.
Is it really just as simple as setting up the example php array as:

<?php
$auth = array(
"username" => "whateveryourusernameis"
"pasword" => "whateveryourpasswordis"
);
?>
Then asking our IT department to add the file somewhere on the webserver?
Then adding the location path to the form-config-data-definition.xml file
Then adding the url of the website to the form-config-data-definition.xml file
I don't know what they are needing for the identifier "Content Type Path" though.
And how would I test the form before I push it to the webserver?

Any help would be great!

Is there anything else I need to know?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Jul, 2016 07:05 PM

Hi,

The script that processes form submissions (located within the form-display Velocity Format) does expect the auth.php file to be in that specific associative array format and at the path you define within the form-config block you create. This file can be anywhere on the file system as long as it is readable by Apache/PHP (pretty standard process for security).

The remaining content for the form-config block are used by the processing script (i.e. form-display) to connect to and create/edit assets within your Cascade instance using Web Services. The Content Type Path would be used for recording submissions to an existing page within Cascade (i.e. the save-to-cms option on the form) and the save-to-excel and resultsFile options would be used to record submissions to a CSV file that exists within Cascade. If you are not planning to use the CSV or results page options, you don't have to worry about the form-config, save-to-[excel|cms] options on the form, or even using the auth.php.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Comments are closed, but you can start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac