Find/Mass Edit Disabled Users

aspeer

01 Feb, 2016 04:26 PM

Recently our LDAP has been marking users disabled in the automatic syncs. Is there a way to reenable all users or search for all disabled users and set them all enabled?

This is getting to be tedious checking all of the accounts individually.

1. 1 Posted by aspeer on 01 Feb, 2016 04:39 PM

We're basically having this issue as well but with 100 or so users.

http://help.hannonhill.com/discussions/installation/7006-ldap-deactivate-users

2. 2 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 01 Feb, 2016 07:50 PM

Hi,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing you. I went ahead and attached the improvement from the other discussion to this one so you can track the progress of it in the upper right-hand corner of this page.

If you are simply looking for a list of all disabled users, your best bet would probably be to query the database directly:

select * from cxml_user where isEnabled = 0;

From there, you could determine which ones to re-enable. If you need to do more of a mass enable, you would run a similar update query on cxml_users and set isEnabled = 1.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by aspeer on 02 Feb, 2016 03:08 PM

That worked to get us going and we've changed the LDAP policy to ignore for now to avoid repeating the issue. Is there any estimate on when this will be fixed in a release? We have lots of users with contracts that span semesters so they come and go from out LDAP servers quite often. Formerly they would re-enable when they came back across the feed but now the remain disabled.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Tim on 03 Feb, 2016 04:30 PM

Hi,

We don't have an estimate at the moment, but this particular item is in our near-term backlog for inclusion in the application. We can let you know once it has been implemented. Your use case makes sense and I will pass it along to our developers.

Let us know if you have any additional questions in the meantime.

Thanks

5. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 11 Feb, 2016 01:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac