Search and Replace

James Dobravec

27 Jan, 2016 03:51 PM

Hi,

We have had a request from one of our users (standard role of Manager)to find and replace Ph.D. to PhD (no dots) within a site. When we try to execute the search and replace, it either doesn't find any matches or just some of the matches. Has anyone else experienced this?

We are running version 7.12 Cascade Server.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 28 Jan, 2016 08:03 PM

Hi James,

When we try to execute the search and replace, it either doesn't find any matches or just some of the matches.

That behavior sounds a bit strange. Do you happen to know if your instance is load balanced?

Also, when you have a moment, try rebuilding your search indexes and let me know if that changes the number of results you see when you perform the search/replace.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by James Dobravec on 29 Jan, 2016 09:29 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. Rebuilding search indexes will affect all sites correct not just one site? I believe we have a load balanced instance.

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 29 Jan, 2016 09:56 PM

Hi James,

Rebuilding will affect the system as a whole.

If you are running a load balanced environment, you'll want to make sure you log into both nodes and rebuild your search indexes to ensure they are both up to date. This is because the search index is a local file on each node.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 11 Feb, 2016 01:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac