Data definitions

Adam

11 Dec, 2015 06:29 PM

Hi, I have a page with a block chooser inside the data definition. The block being chosen also has a data definition attached to it. I am using the render-content-depth to pull the blocks xml and transform it and the pages xml with velocity. When I want to edit this page, I have to edit either the block or the page, depending on what I want to change. It would be easier if I only had to go to one place to edit both the block and page. Is it possible to have the blocks data definition render inside the pages data definition when editing the page?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 11 Dec, 2015 09:37 PM

Hi Adam,

Importing another asset's data definition is not currently possible.

I believe we do have a related suggestion for this type of functionality on our Idea Exchange. I highly recommend voting this up if you would like for it to be considered for a future release.

In the meantime, you could possibly work around this by configuring in-context editing for any page region within your Content Type and check the Allow block content to be editable option. As long as the user has WRITE access to the block they should be able to edit the block directly from the region.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 22 Dec, 2015 08:23 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac