How to embed codes on web pages?

amie.dellinger

09 Dec, 2015 08:02 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any luck with embedding code on a page without using an iframe?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 09 Dec, 2015 08:15 PM

Hi Amie,

This should be possible using Code Sections. After you've taken a look at that, let us know if you're still having problems and we'll be happy to help out. Also, if you do need more help, be sure to provide the exact code you're trying to include within your Page along with where you are trying to place it (in a WYSIWYG editor? in a text field?).

As a reminder, server-side code included in Pages within Cascade will not execute until they are published to your web server(s).

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by amie.dellinger on 09 Dec, 2015 08:38 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info. I am using only the WYSIWYG editor for my web page updates. I am attempting to either embed the code in an iframe under the "embed" tab, or even as an iframe with the URL I have for the feed I want to show on the page, but neither will work.

As soon as I paste the embed code into the "embed section", and click "update" or even just tab to another section in the open pop up, the embed code disappears as if I never entered anything. When I use the "iframe/URL" option, it doesn't show anything even after publishing and viewing the page live. Any help on this would be great.

The embed code is:

<script src="//assets.juicer.io/embed.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <link href="//assets.juicer.io/embed.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <ul class="juicer-feed" data-feed-id="ur-summer-sessions"><h1 class="referral"><a href="http://www.juicer.io">Powered by Juicer</a></h1></ul>

The URL Link is:
    https://www.juicer.io/ur-summer-sessions

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tim on 09 Dec, 2015 09:41 PM

Hi Amie,

Try something like this when you have a moment:

<!--#protect<script src="//assets.juicer.io/embed.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <link href="//assets.juicer.io/embed.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <ul class="juicer-feed" data-feed-id="ur-summer-sessions"><h1 class="referral"><a href="http://www.juicer.io">Powered by Juicer</a></h1></ul>#protect-->

Let me know if that changes the behavior you're seeing.

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by amie.dellinger on 09 Dec, 2015 09:47 PM

Hi Tim,

No, that doesn't change anything. The embed code still just vanishes as soon as I click "update" or navigate to another tab.

Amie

Attached are before pasting, after pasting, and after navigating to the "General Tab" and back showing how it's just blank.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim on 09 Dec, 2015 09:51 PM

Yea, I don't think you'll be able to enter that type of code into the Embed feature. Do you have access to the HTML editor within the WYSIWYG? If so, I would recommend placing it directly in there.

Another option would be to create a new XML Block containing this code, then attach the Block to a region on your Page.

Let me know how things go.

6. 6 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 22 Dec, 2015 08:12 PM

Hi Amie,

Just wanted to follow up to see if you had a chance to view Tim's recent comment. To echo Tim's comment, TinyMCE's media plugin expects certain markup (basically an <iframe>) and it's tripping up on the code you are pasting.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks and happy Holidays!

7. 7 Posted by amie.dellinger on 22 Dec, 2015 08:50 PM

Thank you for all of the insight and help. I actually received a hyperlink that now works (without the https), so I have it figured out!

Amie

8. 8 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 22 Dec, 2015 09:07 PM

Not a problem at all, Amie, thank you for following up. I am glad to hear you were able to get things working.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

9. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 22 Dec, 2015 09:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac