CSS class not appearing in styles menu

Melissa Cheater

07 Oct, 2010 04:10 PM

Hello,

I have added a CSS class to my group, and I have also added it under Site Management - but it's not showing up in the Styles menu of my WYSIWYG - what's up?

1. 1 Posted by Penny on 07 Oct, 2010 06:59 PM

Hi Melissa,
    You will need to verify that you attach a CSS file at the Site Managment level aas well to make it use those classes versus the ones set in the Global Preferences area.

Can you verify that you have done this and if so, what version of Cascade are you on?

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by otto.mora on 08 Oct, 2010 04:47 PM

Hi,

We are running version v6.7.2 and are having the same problem.

We have a global css file under the Preferences->Content settings.

I then tried to configure some css classes under the group settings. However when I go to edit the pages the wysiwyg editor will not show me the relevant css class.

It is also not clear to me what the input format for the css classes is in the Edit group screen should be. Do we enter the css classes with a dot before the name and separate them with spaces or commas? It would be very helpful if an example of this was provided.

Thanks,

Otto Mora

3. 3 Posted by Lee Roberson (F... on 08 Oct, 2010 06:08 PM

Lee Roberson (Function Digital LLC)'s Avatar

Melissa, et al:

We reported a problem about this several months ago (maybe even a year now).

We can't get the styles menu to populate when the template that the page is based on comes from a foreign site. Just something to know. We have to copy our templates and manage changes across all of them because of this (it completely negates the benefit of the template sharing feature).

If you are not using Sites and template sharing, then there must be something else wrong.

4. 4 Posted by Penny on 08 Oct, 2010 07:00 PM

I think there are two separate issues here.

In order to assign classes to show per group, you will need to make sure that the User has whatever group you put the CSS classes on designated as their Default Group. You can do this by going to the User and clicking Edit. There will be a Default Group option.

This information is documented here: http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/Group/#creating-a-group]

The classes should be a comma separated list, no period necessary. So if my class is redLink and in the CSS file denoted as .redLink, I would put redLink in the text box. If you have more than one just enter them comma separated.

Edited because of further research.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need further clarification.

5. 5 Posted by otto.mora on 15 Oct, 2010 05:28 PM

Hi Penny,

Thanks for following up. We tried the settings as specified by you and Tim in the jira ticket (http://issues.hannonhill.com/browse/CSI-58 ) However we are finding that the specific css settings for groups are not working.

I double checked our settings, attaching screenshots as well:
    - We have css settings at the target level. (See target.png).

• We have specified css settings at the group level, our group is called "com_finlab" and the specific css class we specified was "contentcolor01 "(See group.png)

• Created a user "otto" with group membership and default group setting for "com_finlab" (See user_1.png and user_2.png).

Once logged in with user "otto" the styles that appear in the wysiwyg editor are those from the target level css settings and not the ones from the group level. (See editing.png).

I think this is a bug as per this article http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/CSS/ the group level css settings should override any global and/or target level css settings:

"Include a local CSS file and available classes at the Group-level. This allows for specific CSS classes based on the default group of the user. The Group-level classes and CSS override the Target and global levels."

One additional thing to note is that we are currently using a global base folder, since we just recently upgraded to cascade v6.7.2 we have not yet started moving our stuff to sites.

Any ideas?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Tim on 14 Jan, 2011 07:37 PM

I noticed that this thread was still open. I wanted to mention that we have confirmed there are some inaccuracies in our documentation regarding CSS. The group CSS classes are overridden by both the Target CSS (if Global) and the Site CSS (if in a Site) settings.

7. Tim closed this discussion on 14 Jan, 2011 07:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac