How do I prevent access to system options (publish/index)

birwin

05 May, 2015 05:52 PM

How do I prevent users from being able to un-check the publish/index check boxes under edit > system. (howdoi.png)

I have setup users and roles.

I have a user who is part of a group (arts) which has 'read access' (site) role and can only access select folders.
The site - read only role, has nothing enabled

(user.png)

His role also has a global "read only role" - which has no permissions with the exception of:
View the Versions tab: Enabled
View users that share groups with current user: Enabled
View groups to which current user belongs: Enabled

I added the global role, even though we're using site roles since we needed one. (Read only.docx)

Within in the site tree, I have granted read access to the group, and then on one file, I have granted write access to the one user so he can edit his profile. (see "set permissions.png")

I guess what I need to know is, given the user has "write" access to items, but his group/role doesn't have anything other than read access, how is what he has write access to (parts of page/ data definition etc) determined, and how would I be able to prevent the user from being able to disable publishing or indexing?

Thanks very much!

Brendon

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 06 May, 2015 03:50 PM

Hi Brendon,

In short, if a user has write access to an asset, he/she will have the ability to modify the system options you mentioned. I did find this related feature request on our Idea Exchange that I would encourage you to vote/comment on when you have the chance.

Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks!

2. Tim closed this discussion on 21 May, 2015 12:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac