Advice on automating cross-site asset relationship conversions

stonema

30 Sep, 2010 02:40 PM

Hi all. I could really use some advice. Does anyone know of a way to automate the process of converting cross-site references between assets, copied from one site to another, to a single-site reference? As far as I can tell the only two ways to do this conversion is manually within Cascade's user interface, or using web services to copy the assets to the new site.

Also, say I've copied a page and all of it's supporting assets (i.e. images, files,etc) to a new site, and then delete the original supporting assets from the old site before converting references to these supporting assets within the newly copied page will Cascade automatically correct these references so that they refer to the copied asset in the new site?

1. 1 Posted by Ross on 02 Feb, 2011 09:56 PM

Don't use the checkboxes and dropdown menu to copy multiple assets; you need to copy the assets by copying a single parent folder. By copying a single parent folder, you trigger a feature in Cascade to rewrite all links within that folder that point to other assets in the folder.

As of the latest Cascade release (not including 6.8beta) all normal HTML href and src attributes will be rewritten as long as they are Cascade-style links. Any links that have been entered or pasted in as absolute URIs cannot be rewritten. Also, any Structured Data relationships in the folder will be rewritten to point to the copied assets.

The only limitation I'm currently aware of is that template-level and page-level region and format assignments are not rewritten. This should be addressed by the time Cascade 6.8 final is released.

2. Tim closed this discussion on 21 Jun, 2011 02:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac