Collaborative Workflow Questions
I am attaching a collaborative workflow file that is not running as expected. Any ideas on what I am missing would be greatly appreciated! I apologize in advance for the length of the description as the workflow involves many steps.
The workflow is initiated by a member of a group (group123 in this case), the owner (user1, user2 or user3) could then either make more edits after reviewing the published content in a test environment via the "owner-edit-on-test" step, or pass the page to one of the group members via "Send to User1 for Edits", "Send to User2 for Edits" or "Send to User3 for Edits" actions which all point to the same step "group123-edit-on-test". While this step is a group step, an email trigger is used to just notify the individual user selected at each action so that the selected individual can click on "Assign to Me" to make more edits. This group assignment also allows other members of the group to step in in case the selected user is not available. For the chosen user, s/he could either make edits, pass the page to another member of the group (including the owner), or submit the page to Communications for final approval and publishing to production. Communications can reject the workflow back to the group and the email should be sent to the entire group, not only to the owner, via the "group123-edit-on-test" step; a confirmation email should be sent to the entire group once workflow is completed and the page is published to the production server.
More general questions:
1. Is such collaborative workflow possible, i.e. passing the workflow among different members of the same group?
2. What is the difference between 'move="forward"' and 'move="next-id"'? I suspect that I am not using them correctly so my steps do not want to the correct next steps.
3. The owner is also a member: once the owner assigns the workflow to another member, the workflow will start to treat the owner as one of the regular members and the workflow can be re-assigned back to the owner via one of the "Send to UserX for Edits" actions. It's a nice-to-have feature, but I don't have to keep the owner as someone special and different from other members. I suspect this nice-to-have feature may have complicated things.
Specific questions/problems that I have:
1. When a member chooses to pass the workflow to another member of the group via "Send to UserX for Edits" action, the workflow is assigned back to the member her/himself, not to the group, even though the email is sent to the chosen user as expected. The step is a group step, so everyone in the group should be able to click on "Assign to Me". By contrast,, when the owner assigns the workflow to a member, it goes to the group as expected.
2. When Communications rejects the workflow back to the group, the workflow is assigned to the person who submitted the workflow to Communications, not to the entire group.
3. The confirmation email sent after the workflow is complete is not sent to the entire group, but just to the owner, even though the email trigger only indicates the "mode" to be "completed".
- collaborative-workflow-steps.xml 9.05 KB
Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Cascade CMS please start a new discussion.
|?||Show this help|
|ESC||Blurs the current field|
|r||Focus the comment reply box|
|^ + ↩||Submit the comment|
You can use
Command ⌘ instead of
Control ^ on Mac
1 Posted by Allie on 05 Oct, 2010 01:24 AM
Hi there, Has anyone used the "Assign to Specified Group Trigger" before - I tried to use this trigger to solve my specific problem no.1, but that didn't work. I just need to be able to pass the workflow among different members of a single group. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!