Auto-populating Fields and Bulk Field Updates

rgraves2

26 Feb, 2015 04:05 PM

Two questions:

1. Can you auto-populate the end date field (e.g. when creating a page, have the end date field automatically set to 1 year from now)?

2. Can you do a bulk update on the end date field for all pages in a given folder?

1. 1 Posted by Eric L. Epps on 26 Feb, 2015 04:59 PM

1. I've modified the "Set Start Date" Asset Factory Plugin to auto-populate the end date field. I've attached it here.

2. You can do this through Web Services, but I don't think there's a way in the Cascade interface.

2. 2 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Feb, 2015 07:01 PM

Hi,

As Eric mentioned, using an Asset Factory plugin would be the way to go in terms of defaulting the End Date of an asset.

We have a sample plugin that sets the Review Date within our Asset Factory plugins repository in-case you wanted to tweak or build on the one Eric compiled for you.

To echo Eric's response to your second question, using Web Services to update the End Date of existing assets within a folder would be the recommended solution.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by rgraves2 on 26 Feb, 2015 07:03 PM

Thanks for the updates. Our department doesn't administer Cascade, we just maintain and build one of the larger sites within it. I'll need to talk to our central IT about installing the plugin.

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 05 Mar, 2015 07:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac