Save to folder based on data definition field

rgraves2

25 Feb, 2015 05:01 PM

We have an asset factory called "Meeting Minutes" where publishers create minutes for specific committee meetings. We want to force publishers to save the pages in a specific folder, depending on what committee they are creating the minutes for.

Example:
Committee A's minutes should be saved in /committeeA/minutes
Committee B's minutes should be saved in /committeeB/minutes

The publisher can select the committee from a data definition field when creating the page.

Is it possible to set the default folder based on what committee they select? I know I can create an asset factory for each committee and set the default folder, but that would make things very messy on the administrative end of things. I'd rather have one asset factory for meeting minutes.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 25 Feb, 2015 06:53 PM

Hi,

As you mentioned, the simplest solution would be to create a separate Asset Factory for each meeting type so you can define a different placement folder for each. Additionally, you could use a different base asset that has certain metadata and/or structured data pre-filled for the user.

Alternatively, you could use a custom Asset Factory plugin that checks for a certain field value and places the asset into a folder based on that value.

We actually have a plugin in our Asset Factory plugins repository that is similar and may be able to provide you with an example starting point.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by rgraves2 on 26 Feb, 2015 03:59 PM

Thanks. The custom plugin sounds promising. I've mentioned it to our Cascade Administrators to see if they can get that installed.

3. rgraves2 closed this discussion on 26 Feb, 2015 03:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac