Does Cascade have any integration with MaxCDN?

turnerjd

25 Feb, 2015 02:51 PM

Does Cascade have any integrations with MaxCDN? If not are there any guides on how to integrate? URL rewriting etc...

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Feb, 2015 03:07 PM

Hi John,

Cascade Server does not currently have any integrations with MaxCDN. Please feel free to post a suggestion on our Idea Exchange if you would like to see this sort of functionality implemented within Cascade Server.

From what I am gathering, you could theoretically create a Pull Zone on MaxCDN, which would crawl your website (ie the server Cascade would publish to). The biggest issue would be figuring out how to rewrite the URLs Cascade Server generates on publish from relative (or fully qualified if cross-Site) to the MaxCDN URL. There's also a Push Zone, which I believe you could publish to using an SFTP Destination, but again the URL rewriting would be an issue.

If you simply want to host images, JS, and CSS files you could place those into a separate Site and use the MaxCDN url for the Site URL and either publish to the Push Zone, or publish to your web server if the Pull Zone would be able to pick up those files. In theory, when you cross-site Link to those assets, the MaxCDN URL will be appended.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 05 Mar, 2015 07:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac