Issues with deploying multiple assets to just one Deploy Destinations

tatiana.dorochina

13 Feb, 2015 10:12 PM

We have multiple Destinations set up. If i deploy one asset, i get a screen where i can pick which deploy map it should go to. However, when i select multiple assets and choose Publish, I don't get a choice and it tries to deploy to ALL Destinations (see snapshot). How do i change that so I still get a prompt to what Destinations i want to deploy?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 13 Feb, 2015 10:19 PM

HI Tatiana,

This functionality is not available at this time. When you have a moment, please be sure to vote/comment on this idea which is directly related to your request.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

2. 2 Posted by tatiana.dorochi... on 13 Feb, 2015 10:36 PM

Any workarounds? We only have one Destination “checked” by default. The others are not (see snapshot), so why does it deploy to all?

[cid:[email blocked]]

Tatiana Dorochina
    IT Coordinator

Copper Development Association Inc.
    260 Madison Avenue, 16th Floor
    New York, New York 10016

Phone +1 212-251-7201
    E-mail [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>
    Web www.copper.org<http://www.copper.org/>

This e-mail and any attachments may contain Copper Development Association Inc. ("CDA") proprietary, confidential, privileged, copyrighted, and/or otherwise protected information and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and permanently delete the original and any copy and printout thereof. CDA expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability of any kind in connection with this information or its use by any person or entity and makes no representations or warranties of any kind related to its use, accuracy, completeness, utility, or appropriateness to particular circumstances.

3. 3 Posted by Wing Ming Chan on 16 Feb, 2015 01:28 PM

Hi Tatiana,

If you are willing to consider web services, this task is extremely easy. Here is some sample code, using my library:

$d = $cascade->getAsset( Destination::TYPE, '980c57e08b7f0856015997e42b380833' );
    $p = $cascade->getAsset( Page::TYPE, '980d70d98b7f0856015997e4b00790fe' );
    $p->publish( $d );

Wing

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Tim on 16 Feb, 2015 09:30 PM

Hi Tatiana,

In 7.12.2 we released the ability to select Destinations for Publish Sets. One possible workaround would be to create a Publish Set containing just the items you wish to publish to this particular Destination, then set it to publish only to that Destination. Obviously this isn't ideal if you're looking to do this often, but I figured I'd mention it in case you have a one-time scenario where you really need certain files to be published to a specific Destination.

Hope this helps!

5. 5 Posted by tatiana.dorochi... on 17 Feb, 2015 09:33 PM

i don't think Publish Set will be a usable feature and unfortunately I am sure most of our users don't know how to use Web Services.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Tim on 17 Feb, 2015 09:48 PM

That's understandable. Thanks for providing your feedback on the related idea, Tatiana. Have a good one!

7. Tim closed this discussion on 17 Feb, 2015 09:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac