Get entire page's content published to an xml output

matthew.wren

22 Jan, 2015 03:52 PM

I'm working with our IT department on getting content from our Royal News index page.

Currently our XML output will take any content that's in the default region which includes the main article, the three featured articles, and the other listings below. The one thing we would like to be included in this output is the one block in the right column that has the "This Week's Athletic Review" tile. Is there a way I can include the content in the right column by using a calling page block or another means?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 27 Jan, 2015 02:17 PM

Hi Matthew,

What type of block is being used for the This week's athletic review section? How is the right block included on the page? Is it applied directly to a region or via the page's Data Definition?

If the Block is added via the region itself, your calling page index block won't have access to the contents of the block. Your best bet in that case would be to either relocate the Block to the page's Data Definition or use the Velocity Locator tool to load load the block's contents.

If the Block is added via the page's Data Definition, it sounds like your calling page index block may not be indexing deep enough. Check the render depth setting for your calling page index block as well as the render depth for the block chooser field within the page's Data Definition.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 16 Feb, 2015 08:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac