Is it possible to re-assign a workflow

johnvinebti

21 Jan, 2015 03:18 PM

After a workflow has been started, whether it has been assigned to someone via the [Assign to Me] link yet or if it is still waiting, is there a way for an administrator to manually assign that workflow to a user other than themselves?

Example:
Given the folowing users: Admin, DeptartmentALeader, DepartmentBLeader, would it be possible for Admin to review a workflow, and decide based on it's contents to assign it right then and there to either of the department leader users?

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Jan, 2015 09:42 PM

Hi John,

The re-assignment functionality you describe is not currently possible within Cascade Server, but I believe this suggestion on our Idea Exchange is related. I highly recommend voting this suggestion up if you would like to see it implemented into a future release.

I went ahead and sent along an invitation to the Idea Exchange, so you should receive the email shortly.

In the meantime, I think your best bet would be to perhaps have like a review step that has actions for each of the various users/groups that your Admin would need to assign to, which would transition to an associated unordered step. These unordered steps could also have a default assignments and an automated escalation that could kick the workflow back to the Admin.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by johnvinebti on 28 Jan, 2015 12:44 PM

I kinda figured that was the case. It doesn't exactly suit the client's request, but I appreciate the feedback and the alternative. Thank you as well for the invite into the Idea Exchange!

3. johnvinebti closed this discussion on 28 Jan, 2015 12:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac