I need to get a print-out of every page including non-indexed ones

ssuh

15 Jan, 2015 05:45 PM

I need to create a tree of every single folder and page in a folder. Unfortunately some of the folders are marked not to be indexed. Is there a way around this? We have a separate instance we can work on so if we need to make some updates to the sql server to do this, we can.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 15 Jan, 2015 06:17 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately some of the folders are marked not to be indexed. Is there a way around this?

There isn't a way around this. If assets are marked to not be indexed, you won't be able to get them to appear in Index Blocks until that setting is toggled.

Since you have a test/development instance, you could potentially just run a query in that instance to update the indexing property to be true across all assets. That would look something like this:

update cxml_foldercontent set shouldBeIndexed = 1

Then, you should be able to create an Index Block that returns a listing of all assets in your instance. You'll probably need to set the 'max number of assets' and 'max size of index block' settings to something very large along with the depth setting on the Index Block itself.

Also, as you are probably aware, indexing such a large number of assets is generally not recommended as it will require a large amount of resources to render. However, since I assume this is more of a one-time 'report' you are trying to generate, you should be OK setting this up in a non-production environment.

Let me know if this helps!

2. 2 Posted by Wing Ming Chan on 26 Jan, 2015 05:52 PM

Hi,

Will you consider using web services and tree traversal? See AssetTree (especially the AssetTree::toListString() method) for more information.

Wing

3. Tim closed this discussion on 16 Feb, 2015 09:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac