Override the default asset factories when creating a new site.

ediego

13 Jan, 2015 06:23 PM

Is there any way to override the default asset factories (Block, External Link, File, Footer, Format, Page, Template) that get created in Site. I'd like to have another folder with some additional assets defined. Things like Cascade Style Sheet, JavaScript File, Search Folder, etc. I find that I'm copying those asset factories into every site and when i make a change, I have to update them all individually.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 13 Jan, 2015 08:17 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, these are system defaults and can't be changed.

That being said, what you could do is create a boilerplate Site of sorts that you copy each time you need a new Site. This boilerplate would already be configured with whatever you require for initial Sites, down to Asset Factories and access/permissions.

Another possible option would be to create a boilerplate Site and export it. When you need to create a new Site you would import the boilerplate. This would essentially be the same result as above except you wouldn't need to have the boilerplate Site existing within your instance.

Depending on how fast you want to spin up the new Sites and how often you need to update the boilerplate, the first solution would probably be ideal.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 19 Jan, 2015 04:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac