Reference questions

c-siems

13 Jan, 2015 05:41 PM

Should References publish copies of referenced assets? Is the publishing controlled by the navigation format or the formats of the referenced asset?

I've created a Reference (or two) and site navigation is showing the Cascade (XML) path, but the extension is not added and the asset is not published at the referenced location. Attached are the sidebar-nav.xsl and sidebar-nav.xml I'm using.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 13 Jan, 2015 08:04 PM

Hi,

References will not publish a duplicate asset, but instead will allow you to add a link to the existing asset at a different location.

You mentioned the link does not contain the extension, but is the path correct? That is, does the path coincide with the existing asset? If so, it sounds as though the links are not being properly tracked and rewritten by Cascade Server.

Are these references pointing to an asset within another Site by chance? If the assets are within another Site, swap out the usage of path for link when you are generating your <a> tags. This will generate links with the site:// prefix, which tells Cascade Server that it needs to track an internal cross-Site link.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by c-siems on 14 Jan, 2015 03:20 PM

Thanks Ryan for the quick response. It wasn't a problem with the navigation or the Reference - the formatting was wrong in the content. FYI to anyone else: use a href="{path}" in your formats when making relative links to referred assets or any asset really.

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 14 Jan, 2015 04:04 PM

Not a problem at all, thank you for following up. I am glad to hear you were able to get things working.

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

4. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 14 Jan, 2015 04:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac