WYSIWYG Font Size Control

Fernando

25 Nov, 2014 08:07 PM

Currently I am working on an update for our website. One of the things users where wanting is the ability to control the size of the font. I did some research and found one that will allow me to add styling tags in the WYSIWYG (http://help.hannonhill.com/kb/frequently-asked-questions/how-do-i-make-css-classes-available-in-the-wysiwyg-styles-drop-down-menu). Allowing me change the font size through styling tags. Is there a direct way of doing it? Like a setting in the CMS or a file I need to add in order for that to be an option?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 25 Nov, 2014 08:32 PM

Hi Fernando,

If you enable the Font Assignment under either system preferences (under Content) or at the Group level, your users will be given a font size dropdown within the WYSIWYG.

This dropdown will allow your users to add a <span> tag with an inline font-size style attribute to the selected content.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Fernando on 25 Nov, 2014 09:31 PM

It worked! Thanks! I only had one more question, is there any way to disable the font family option and keeping the font size?

Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Nov, 2014 02:18 PM

Thank you for following up, Fernando. I am glad to hear you were able to enable the font size control.

I only had one more question, is there any way to disable the font family option and keeping the font size?

Currently, these font controls are an all or none package and are only able to be toggled by that single preference.

We do have a related suggestion on our Idea Exchange to add the ability to further customize the WYSIWYG. I highly recommend voting up the suggestion if you would like to see it implemented in a future release.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by Fernando on 26 Nov, 2014 02:41 PM

Thank you! Already voted on it.

5. 5 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Nov, 2014 02:47 PM

Just saw the notifications. Thank you for contributing to the Idea Exchange, Fernando

I'm going to go ahead and close this discussion, please feel free to comment or reply to re-open if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

6. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2014 02:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac