Deploy: Server Credentials

Chris

20 Nov, 2014 07:52 PM

I am having issues deploying to my prod. server. I believe the issue is that I do not know where to put in my credentials! :)

This is the error I receive in my messages.

IOException caught: \\...\htdocs\_files\components\bootstrap\dist\css\bootstrap.css (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password)

Obviously this happens for each file trying to be deployed.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tim on 20 Nov, 2014 08:00 PM

Hi Chris,

The credentials to any web server you have will be stored within a Transport in Cascade Server. If you aren't sure which Transport you're currently using, you can do the following:

• Click the Publish tab on a Page or File that is failing to publish. This will bring you to the publish interface where you can select which Destination(s) to which you want to publish.
    • Rather than publishing, click on the Destination in question. This will bring you into the Destinations area in the Administration area.
    • Once viewing the Destination, you'll be able to see under Properties which Transport it is using.
    • Click the link to the Transport.

After arriving at the Transport, you'll see a link on the left hand side of the page to Test Transport. Click on this and you should see a similar error message to the one you're seeing when you attempt to publish. To change the account that the Transport is using to connect to the web server, edit the Transport and modify the Username and/or Password field(s).

Let me know if this helps!

2. 2 Posted by Chris on 20 Nov, 2014 09:01 PM

I am using a "filesystem", no username/password fields seem to be present. Any ideas?

3. 3 Posted by Chris on 20 Nov, 2014 09:46 PM

Turns out the Cascade service was not running as an admin. Thanks for the help!

4. Chris closed this discussion on 20 Nov, 2014 09:46 PM.

5. Tim re-opened this discussion on 20 Nov, 2014 09:49 PM

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Tim on 20 Nov, 2014 09:49 PM

If you're using a Filesystem transport and receiving an error like you mentioned above:

IOException caught: (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password)

you'll want to make sure that the O/S account that starts the Cascade Server process has the ability to connect and write to the drive in question. One way to test this is to check which account is currently starting the Cascade Server service, then log into Windows using that account. Then, try to connect to the drive in question and try to copy files to it via the file system. You should receive the same error.

Basically, Cascade Server will assume the role of the O/S account that starts the application.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks!

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tim on 20 Nov, 2014 09:50 PM

Ah, looks like we commented around the same time. Glad you were able to figure it out! Have a good one.

8. Tim closed this discussion on 20 Nov, 2014 09:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac