Calendar: Output as HTML

Chris

20 Nov, 2014 02:19 AM

I seem to have a page that I can only deploy as iCal & RSS. When I preview it, it seems to have all the HTML there, but nothing comes out. Then I noticed (see attached screenshot) in the deploy screen. What did I do wrong this time?

Thanks for the help as always.

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 20 Nov, 2014 01:43 PM

Hi Chris,

It sounds as though publishing of that particular Output was disabled at some point. When you have a moment, check that particular asset's Configuration Set to make sure the HTML Output has publishing enabled.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Nov, 2014 04:43 PM

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to follow up to see if you had a chance to view my recent comment.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

3. 3 Posted by Chris on 26 Nov, 2014 04:46 PM

Yes, thank you. This seems to have worked. Although, since my calendar is in a different site, I am having some major issues getting it to properly publish. It goes, but the template from the real site is not rendering correctly (links are bad).

4. 4 Posted by Chris on 26 Nov, 2014 04:59 PM

When the file is deployed, all my CSS & JS links are pointing at "http://localhost:8080..."

5. 5 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 26 Nov, 2014 06:09 PM

Hi Chris,

It sounds as though the links are not being tracked by Cascade Server.

You mentioned these assets are within a different Site. Can you confirm if you are linking to these asset properly using the site:// prefix, or using the link element if you are generating these links within a Format?

Thanks!

6. 6 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 03 Dec, 2014 02:45 PM

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to follow up to see if you had a chance to view my recent comment.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

7. 7 Posted by Chris on 03 Dec, 2014 04:54 PM

This makes sense, and it seems to be somewhat working...

The guy who built this placed the main website under one site, and the calendar in another. This is fine, and made sense to me at the time. I planed to deploy the calendar into the same folder structure as my main website.

Main Site: example.com

Calendar: example.com/calendar

The problem is that numerous assets (template, formats, blocks, images, js, css) are being used from the main site, and other assets (formats, blocks, images, js, css) are being used by the calendar site.

When deployed the js, css from the main site seems to be using the full URL of the main website, which is not proper, but it works. At the same time, the images from the main site are using relative links, which are all one folder off. Saying that, the (formats, blocks, images, js, css) from the calendar site are fine.

[NOT IDEAL] mainsite - css, js: example.com/images

[BAD] mainsite - images: example.com/calendar/images

[GOOD] calendar - iamges, js, css example.com/calendar/js

8. 8 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 22 Dec, 2014 09:00 PM

Hi Chris,

My apologies for the delayed response.

Because the paths to the images within the main Site are being written as relative, it makes me believe they are not cross-site links, causing Cascade Server to think they are same-Site. This would explain the links being rewritten as relative as opposed to having the main Site's URL appended onto the front of them.

How are these images being referenced? If they are dynamic, make sure you are using the proper site:// notation, or the value of link if you're within a Format.

Thanks!

9. 9 Posted by Chris on 23 Dec, 2014 02:00 PM

Thanks for your help on this. Sadly, due to scope creep, we had to go for a different solution. I plan to revisit this, but it may be a while.

Merry Christmas!

10. Chris closed this discussion on 23 Dec, 2014 02:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac