publish destinations ordering

rreynolds

17 Nov, 2014 07:20 PM

Greetings all,

Ever since we upgraded to 7.12.2 we've noticed the publish destinations have changed order. Is there anyway to change them back to a 7.10 orientation?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 17 Nov, 2014 08:27 PM

Hi,

To confirm, are you referring to the Targets/Destinations listing when publishing an asset? If so, is this in the Global area or within a Site?

I'm seeing a few adjustments that were made to the asset publish screen within the Global area as part of this improvement that was added in the 7.12.2 release. Specifically, it appears the Destinations are being sorted by name.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. 2 Posted by rreynolds on 17 Nov, 2014 08:37 PM

Yes. You are correct with when publishing. I'm following up to ask if it's global, site, or both.

It doesn't look like alphabetical sorting to me.

3. 3 Posted by rreynolds on 17 Nov, 2014 09:36 PM

Yes. I believe it's only global. At least that's where the complaints are. Our sites don't have many publish destinations.

4. 4 Posted by Ryan Griffith on 17 Nov, 2014 10:01 PM

Thank you for confirming.

In that case, the order was indeed changed as part of this improvement that was released in 7.12.2, which explains why you are seeing a different order than prior to upgrading to 7.12.2. Specifically, the change includes sorting the Destinations by their name as opposed to the Target names.

The only way to adjust the order would be to rename the Destinations in such a way that they are alphabetized in the desired order.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

5. Ryan Griffith closed this discussion on 26 Nov, 2014 04:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac